Sunday 9 November 2014

Grill'd

For my next few reviews I thought I would stay local and see what the rest of the East side of Adelaide had to offer. This saw me heading to Adelaide’s yuppie central hangout, no not Burnside, I’m talking about Norwood. Where the elite middle aged white women congregate in pricey cafes with their newly born babies to sip on peppermint tea and discuss how great our current government and lord Tony Abbot is, or so I am led to believe. My first stop down the Parade was Grill’d. A Melbourne burger icon and now new Adelaide franchise. Grill’d has opened up in the Hoyts complex, where Billy Baxter use to whip up 3pm stoned over brekkies for the late risers. The newly furnished building allows for ample seating space indoors and outside in the undercover terrace area. The style is typical of Melbourne influenced cafĂ© culture, with booths, tiles walls and filament lights that seem to be trending harder than Pokemon cards in the 90's.


I must confess I have a predisposition to already hate on Grill’d, as I had a less that pleasant experience with a Caesar Chicken burger at their Melbourne store a year ago. Let’s just say it left my on the toilet, whilst simultaneously projectile vomiting into the bath. But like horrible exes, we forget how bad it was and inevitably have another go. I can safely say that my Adelaide experience was much better.

Like many new burger joints you are offered a range of buns including the regular panini bun, its ‘wholemeal’ alternative and a gluten free bun for the 1% of populace with Celiac disease. Grill’d offers a great range of burgers, catering for all sorts. They including beef, chicken, lamb, sliders, steak sandwiches and veggie burgers. There motto is “healthy eating” although I can’t see how that has anything to do with the food and beverage menu they are dishing up.  Their smallest burger has 2300KJ, so unless you are on a led up to hibernation or a heavy bulk, this is going straight to the stomach and thighs. Due to the burgers using lean meat, they sacrifice taste, which is a big cross in this burger lovers book. If you like, no love salt, then purchase a side of chips. It’s about half chips and half salt and leaves you searching for the nearest water source. You can purchase alcohol here but expect to pay close to $10 for a stubbie. 


      Every burger purchase allows you to 
        donate to one of three charities

All in all, If your looking for a quick burger meal for the family that isn't McDonald's or HJ's, then Grill'd serves up a good range of semi healthy burger.



Grill'd on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment