Thursday 13 November 2014

Burger Republic

With a large portion of the east side complete, I decided to spread my wings and head south of Adelaide. Only baby steps though, so I hit up King William Street to check out Burger Republic. I was on a high from my previous trip to Nord Burger, after brushing of the poor start Adelaide had to offer in my first two reviews. Burger Republic did not disappoint.



The décor here is pretty simple. The walls are covered with old mug shot photos of old Australian convicts and some famous faces, such as Elvis. See if you can work them all out. The walls are covered in fake raw brick wallpaper and on one side, a great selection of hot sauces you can use to spice up your burger, chips or life. Quotes above the bar read “Life is too short to miss out on the beautiful things like a double cheeseburger - Channing Tatum” and "Man who invented the hamburger was smart; man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius - Matthew McConaughey”.




The Burger republic has a huge range of local and imported craft beers and ciders that are constantly changing, along with cocktails, margaritas and wine. They can be a touch pricey with beers $8-12 a bottle. The place seems like a family run operation and who I assume was the owner working the front bar and counter was super helpful.

I order myself a Sweet Thang burger, with bacon, caramelized onion and blue cheese, and a side of chips. Burger cost $12 with a side of chips for $3.50. After about a 15 minute wait looking through at all the mug shot the burger arrived. On first impressions it was smaller than expected for the price, but the perfect size for the burgers I like. I find a lot of placed tend to pack too much into their burgers and they are nigh on impossible to eat without using your entire face.



First bite, my god. This burger was amazing to say the least. The caramelized onions were super sweet and complemented the tangy blue cheese perfectly and the beef patty was simple and cooked perfectly, just the right amount of grease. The chips tasted like the goodness of Macca’s fries with the consistency of KFC chips, perfection in my eyes and mouth. After savouring every bite of this meal I was beyond satisfied. I grabbed my self a prancing pony beer, sat back and relaxed.

Do yourself a favour and check Burger Republic out.



Burger Republic on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment